ICYMI: June 17, 2018
What we wrote
FunnelCake has partnered up with Kiite and LevelJump to create the Sales Productivity Survey 2018. The goal is to answer some important questions in the Sales space centered around how Sales Reps spend their time to uncover some valuable insights.
If you're in Sales, take the survey to gain exclusive access to the results. It's anonymous, will only take 7-minutes of your time, AND if you're one of the first 800 to complete the survey we'll send you a $10 giftcard to Starbucks ☕️ ☺️
What we're reading
- Jason Lemkin explains that all closing is not equal. Different deal sizes require different skills, and it can be tough to jump from one bracket to another. That's why the first question you should ask your Sales hires is what their experience level is at your ACV is.
Why SMB and Enterprise Sales Have Nothing In Common — 3 minutes
- Tyler Sprunk writes about using video to accomplish the thing everyone is Marketing and Sales is after: more closed sales.
How to Use Video to Move Leads Through the Sales Funnel Stages — 6 minutes
- Brandon Redlinger recognizes that target account lists get plenty of attention in ABM, but the focus on clean contact data does not. He goes through some eye opening stats, data cleanliness blindspots, and how to maintain quality standards while growing your database.
Cleansing and Enriching Your Contact Records for a Pristine ABM Program — 5 minutes
- Jeff Hoffman offers his suggestion on how to follow-up with prospects after you've been ignored via email.
How to Send a Follow-Up Email After No Response — 4 minutes
- Tomasz Tunguz looks into the recent Github acquisition by Microsoft and how it's positioned Microsoft at the forefront of open-source.
Seven Strategic Rationales For The Microsoft/Github Acquisition — 2 minutes
- Steli Efti explains that as you're growing, selling to startups should be part of your strategy, but not the entire thing.
Selling to startups: What you need to do to get the most our of your startup customers — 10 minutes
- Allison Pickens wrote a brilliant guide on aligning your whole company around the customer.
The Essential Guide to Company-wide Customer Success — 20 minutes
Meme of the week
The World Cup is upon us, and naturally, people are excited. Some are so excited, that they've been diagnosed with World Cup fever.
World Cup fever level: Waka Waka by Shakira on repeat.— Andy Ha (@_AndyHa) June 12, 2018
What's your World Cup fever level? Tweet us @getfunnelcake 🙂