ICYMI: July 15, 2018
What we wrote
ICYMI - more great content from Nikki on what to focus on when building an enablement team in the midst of hyper-growth:
Building an Enablement Team from Scratch: Where Do You Start? — 12 minutes
What we're reading
- Scott Brinker writes about why he dislikes the idea of working toward being a "unicorn" company, and why you should be a "Chimera" instead.
The future of marketing belongs to hybrids, but don’t call them unicorns — 6 minutes
- The Prepperz blog breaks down the difference between Sales Ops and Sales Enablement, and what mistakes you're making in your Sales Ops strategy that is leading to a broken process.
Broken Sales Operations Is Costing Your Company Millions — 8 minutes
- Margo Pierce explains how they used content marketing to boost leads and expand their team.
How to Double Organic Sales Leads with a Content Marketing Refresh — 9 minutes
- Despina Exadaktylou does an in-depth look at the user onboarding funnel and how crucial it is to continually advance in order to keep up with customer expectations.
The User Onboarding Funnel! — 8 minutes
- Jason Lemkin walks through an example where a startup thought they had a sales problem, but turns out it was more of a demand gen and marketing problem.
What You Think is a “Sales” Problem is More Likely a Marketing Problem — 4 minutes
- Lauren McMenemy explains how the content marketing funnel is less like a funnel, and more like a pipe, and your success lies in where you aim that pipe.
The Content Marketing Funnel Never Ends — 12 minutes
- Ken Gaebler looks at the relationship between marketing and sales enablement and how folks in marketing can help the enablement team while driving better business results.
Sorry, Marketing, You Don't Own Sales Enablement — 5 minutes
Meme of the week
After a tremendous run at the World Cup, England was eliminated by Croatia on Thursday. For English fans, this sadly means their rally call, "It's coming home!" will not come true in 2018.
Check out some of the best "They're going home" memes.