What we wrote
The RevOps Framework
Over the past twelve months, FunnelCake interviewed over a hundred B2B Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success leaders. With that data, we created the definitive framework for Revenue Operations – a new department that manages full funnel operations across the customer lifecycle.
The RevOps Framework 👈 check it out
"Pricing is one thing that unless you test it, you can never know for sure."
We talk through building a testing framework, different tests to do, and how Allan thinks about pricing strategy differently now.
A/B Pricing with Allan Wille [Expert Interview] — 11-minute read
What we're reading
- Andrew Gaffney goes through the new Demand Waterfall introduced by SiriusDecisions this past week. The new framework features an increased focus on buying groups, rather than the progression of individual leads or inquiries.
SiriusDecisions Unveils New Demand Waterfall Model — 4 minutes
- Dave Koslow talks about how Sales has gotten complicated, very complicated. From Sales leadership to Sales Ops, there is so much data coming from different tools, it's difficult for Sales to actually focus on selling.
How Sales Got So Complicated (and What to Do About It) — 6 minutes
- Greg Alexander interviews Christopher Fris from Ryder about how Sales Operations enables teams to achieve the sales plan.
The Sales Operations Guide to Revenue Growth Enablement — 13 minutes
- Danielle Poleski put together a great list of ten metrics every Marketing Manager needs to have a view into, and three to make sure are being monitored.
The top 10 most valuable metrics for marketing managers — 9 minutes
- Amrita Chandra gives some very helpful guidelines to follow when it comes to experimenting with new channels and tactics ... without losing your job.
How to Run Marketing Experiments Without Losing Your Mind (Or Your Job) — 6 minutes
- Courtney Buchanan gives four main takeaways about sales teams and product development staying focused. For the folks at Mattermark, it ties back to streamlining internal operations so teams work only on activities that have an impact and directly align with customer pain points.
Why Marketing Automation and Problem Solving Should Guide Your Business Strategy — 5 minutes
- Tomasz Tunguz does a phenomenal job giving a quick walk-through on how to calculate bookings capacity for the Sales team. It's one thing to write a number down, but another to plan out how it's going to happen.
Hiring For Bookings Capacity In Sales — 2 minutes
Meme of the week
This week's meme comes from a photo taken in 2014 at a Miu Miu fashion show:
Last month, a Twitter user posted the photo with the caption, "Rihanna looks like she scams rich white men and Lupita is the computer smart best friend that helps plan the scans [sic]." Even with the typo, the post went viral.
Then, this Twitter interaction occured:
What makes this even better? Netflix jumped on the idea and landed the project that will star both Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o. The untitled movie will be directed by Ava DuVerynay, with Issa Rae in talks to write.
A round of applause for the internet for pulling this one off – 👏 👏 👏
Don't forget to checkout FunnelCake's RevOps Framework!
Marketing Coordinator at FunnelCake