ICYMI: April 2, 2017
What we wrote
Seth Lieberman, Founder and CEO of SnapApp, joined us to talk about how he sees Sales and Marketing working. We talk about team alignment, what he expects from his leaders, and (as usual) his favorite '90s dance song.
Seth Lieberman on what CEOs want from Sales and Marketing leaders — 12-minute read
Marko Savic wrote a guest piece on funnel volatility for our friends over at Engagio.
How Funnel Volatility Affects Your Account Based Strategy — 6 minutes
Brandon Redlinger, Head of Growth at Engagio, returned the favor and wrote a guest piece on our blog to help determine if ABM is a good strategy for your company.
How to Determine if Account Based Marketing is Right for Your Organization — 6 minutes
What we're reading
- The folks at Gong ran an interesting experiment on how men and women sell differently. Trust me, you'll want to see the results for this one.
30,469 Sales Calls Reveal Women Violate Rules of Selling, Yet Still Close More Deals — 5 minutes
- John Hurley talks about the rise of revenue ops, and how the teams that are succeeding most are taking a comprehensive and integrated approach.
Why Marketing & Sales Operations Make Growth Possible — 6 minutes
- Thomas Carney ran a pricing experiment that paid off big time. It won't work for everyone, but the point is that spending just a few hours per month analyzing pricing could make a huge difference.
How Quartile-Based Pricing Doubled This SaaS Company’s MRR Growth — 10 minutes
- Ada Chen Rekhi compiled some great benchmark numbers looking at conversion rates from a freemium/free trial offering to paid. How do you stack up?
Freemium and Free Trial Conversion Benchmarks — 4 minutes
- Andrew Nguyen delivers a data filled article looking at what metrics B2B marketers look at as their primary indicator of success.
13 Diverse Ways B2B Marketers Do Marketing Measurement [DATA] — 4 minutes
- Max Altschuler and Jorge Soto share the method they used to develop their sales stack and give some pointers that can improve anyone's outbound strategy.
Designing Your Sales Stack so that Customers Come to You — 16 minutes
- Jennifer Ross tackles the topic of marketing measurement and how the role of CMO can help to ensure measurement success.
Marketing Measurement: What’s the CMO Got to Do With It? — 3 minutes
Meme of the week
So over the past week, James Comey (Director of the FBI) let it slip that he has a secret Twitter and Instagram account.
One reporter, Ashley Feinberg, took it upon herself to track down these mystery accounts.
Take a look at what she was able to dig up here.
The best part of all this? James' response (from his alleged fake account):