ICYMI: March 19, 2017
What we wrote
Marko Savic wrote a guest post for Lead Fuze on measuring velocity in the sales process.
"Sales velocity helps us forecast, work backwards from our goals, and troubleshoot our process."
Check it out on the Lead Fuze blog 👇
Sales Velocity: A Process for Accelerating Your Pipeline — 4-minute read
What we're reading
- Steve Woods encourages us to stop thinking about selling to a company, but rather the employees within that company. Shift the focus away from "they" and put on "him/her" and the message that will resonate with them specifically.
Turbocharge Account Based Sales by Removing One Word — 3 minutes
- Natasha Wahid does her best "Mythbusters" impression and debunks some common thoughts about A/B testing.
“The more tests, the better!” and other A/B testing myths, debunked — 7 minutes
- Nick Frost writes a great article that will take you from thinking about implementing an account-based sales strategy, to actually putting one into practice.
The Stack You Need to Be an Expert with Account-Based Sales — 11 minutes
- Steve Blank gives a strong argument towards adding "no excuses" to your companies list of core values, and for good reason.
The No Excuses Culture — 6 minutes
- Brandon Redlinger highlights some powerful women working in revenue related roles, a side of business that's historically been dominated by men.
The Top 50 Women in Revenue That You Should Know — 8 minutes
- Doug Kessler writes an interesting article about the marketing data lake, similar to a data warehouse, but with some important differences that apply directly to marketers.
The rise of the marketing data lake — 5 minutes
- Michaela Lehr breaks down exactly what churn means, how to measure it, and how to present it. She also quotes Shania Twain, which is pretty amazing, so you should give this a read.
Depicting Churn (Accurately): The Real Deal from a Metrics Nerd — 9 minutes
- Kasey Hicks talks with Tess Brigham about how she coaches business leaders to get curious and put the ego aside when facing difficult times.
How To Be an Empathetic Leader in a Time of Uncertainty — 6 minutes
- Joel Gascoigne, co-founder and CEO of Buffer, offers some insight towards his view of company retreats after the first eight he's run.
The Power of Company Retreats: Thoughts after the 8th Buffer Retreat — 6 minutes
- Marc Eglon explains how to find the ideal price for your product, different pricing options/strategies, how to pitch your price once you've settled on one, freemium options, and... pretty much anything to do with pricing strategies that you can think of. The ultimate sales guide to setting and discussing pricing — 24 minutes
Meme of the week
This week's meme is about one of the most controversial topics of all-time. You either use it or don't, love it or hate it... there is no in between. Of course, I'm talking about the Oxford comma, quite possibly the most polarizing punctuation marks in existence.
In recent news out of Maine, the Oxford comma has caused quite a stir with group of truck drivers that are suing their employer, Oakhurst Dairy, for over 4 years worth of overtime pay.
Read the full story here.