ICYMI: December 17, 2017
What we wrote
Joel Burke, Partner and Analytics Practice Lead at Outshine, joined us to talk about Account-Based Marketing strategy and tactics as companies scale. This is a must-read.
ABM at Scale with Joel Burke — 11-minute read
What we're reading
- Julia Manoukian looks at a study focused on 900+ companies reviewing successful sales development structure, system, people, and pipeline.
How 900 Companies Build and Execute Successful Sales Development Teams — 3 minutes
- Peter Ostrow explains how for long-time B2B sellers, it's tough to balance individual success with what's best for the company.
I've Been Selling a Long Time – Just Leave Me Alone and Let Me Make My Number — 3 minutes
- Mike Preuss encourages you to include PQLs in your organization as a way to increase alignment. Product team focused on building a great product, sales team focused on highly qualified leads, and the marketing team dynamically nurturing leads. Win-win-win.
Pull Levers in your Sales Funnel with Product Qualified Leads — 7 minutes
- Trinity Ventures compiled a number of #2018predictionsin5words. Check them out.
2018 Predictions — TL;DR — 2 minutes
- Mark MacLeod shares four key insights he observed from his time in the trenches of scaling an SMB.
Key insights from scaling SMB SaaS companies — 4 minutes
- Jason Lemkin gives advice on how to deal with one of the most frustrating things for a growing company: a long sales cycle on a big deal.
How to Cope With Long Sales Cycles — 4 minutes
- Tomasz Tunguz explains how running an effective meeting boils down to respect for the time of others and so preparation is key.
Meetings Shouldn't Be Boring — 3 minutes
Meme of the week
If you're a fan of the expert interview series on the FunnelCake blog, you know that we end every conversation talking about '90s dance songs, because ... why not? As a present to you loyal newsletter subscribers, here are all the best answers we've come across in our interviews in one handy Spotify playlist – enjoy :)