ICYMI: January 22, 2017
What we wrote
Marko Savic wrote a piece to help you bridge the gap between tactical marketing metrics and revenue metrics. Regardless of your companies marketing strategy, it's important to be measuring the impact Marketing has on revenue. This is a must-read.
'Using metrics to integrate Marketing and Sales' — 6 minute read
We interviewed Paul Jeszenszky, Performance Marketing Lead at Airbnb, about how design can be a differentiator. We look at how design can be used at different stages in a company, short-term vs. long-term thinking, and getting executive buy-in.
'Paul Jeszenszky on Design as a Differentiator' — 11 minutes
What we're reading
- Nicholas Little wants you to forget the old approach of throw it against the wall and see what sticks with large amounts of leads, and focus on a smaller, more targeted list 🎯 Your sales process will thank you.
3 Tips to Maximize the ROI of Your Lead Gen Activities — 6 minutes
- Todd Berkowitz looked at some large scale surveys they did at Gartner to develop of list of trends we can look forward to in the coming year.
10 Fearless Predictions for B2B Tech Sales and Marketing in 2017 — 8 minutes
- Robbie Richards compiled a list of 139 great content marketing blogs 😳 but
don't worry, it's broken down by category.
139 Content Marketing Blogs to Watch in 2017 — 2 minutes
- First Round Reviews published a fantastic post on the biggest problem in content marketing: clickbait headlines. This is a worthwhile read if you've got the time.
The [Adjective] [Number] Things You Need to Know About Clickbait — 16 minutes
- Brandon Redlinger got advice from some of the top ABM experts about where account-based strategies are heading in 2017.
25 ABM Experts Give 2017 Predictions & Advice — 16 minutes
- Gill Allouche points out some useful metrics to track your account-based initiatives that will better allow you to connect marketing initiatives to revenue.
Account-Based Marketing Metrics You're Not Using — 7 minutes
- Jake Sorofman drops some interesting statistics around the growing budget of a CMO, and how much of it goes towards buying tech 💰
CMO Role Expands With Rising Marketing Budgets — 4 minutes
- Kimberly Whitler made a list of the biggest social influencers on CMOs today along with the topics that they care most about. Check it out.
The Top 20 Influencers Of CMOs — 5 minutes
- Hiten Shah has put together a list of questions to serve as a framework for rapid decision making.
How To Grow Your Startup By Asking Better Questions — 10 minutes
- Brandon Redlinger talks about Account-Based Sales Development. How it's so much more than cold-calling, the impact it has on the company, and who owns it.
The Account Based Sales Development Revolution Is Upon Us — 7 minutes
Meme of the week
Although we're fairly sure that this sign is fake, it's too good to pass up for this week's meme.
View the original tweet here.