ICYMI: September 4, 2016
What we wrote
We announced exciting news 🎉
Read "FunnelCake Announces First Marketing Operations System"
Sangram Vajre, co-founder and CMO at Terminus, joined us to talk about what's wrong with B2B marketing. We talk about the collaboration needed between marketing, sales, and customer service in order to have a successful ABM strategy, the magic that seems to happen in B2B marketing every five years, and where the future is headed. There is so much information in this post, you should read it.
"Sangram Vajre on What's Wrong With B2B Marketing" — 13 minute read
What we're reading
- Tomasz Tunguz talked with Jeff Wiss about unique strategies that drive fast growing, efficient SaaS companies that starts off with selling the problem. This is a great read.
"3 Marketing Insights From A World Class SaaS Marketer" — 3 minutes
- Venkat Viswanathan argues that the most important factor for success in MarTech is not impact on revenue, lead gen, or brand reputation... it's culture.
"The Benefits of Nurturing a Martech Culture" — 2 minutes
Dave Kellogg writes about the importance of matching the pace of a buyer in your nurture programs.
"Lead Nurturing, Fast and Slow" — 5 minutes
- Matt Cameron covers how to build a sales ops team in your startup. The four critical functions of sales ops, the symptoms you'll face at different revenue stages, and tips when hiring a team.
"How to Build Sales Operations Within Your Start-up" — 5 minutes
- Bryan Gonzalez gives a complete guide on time management for SDRs including goals, a daily calendar, and streamlined activites.
"Time Management for Sales Development Reps" — 4 minutes
- Mitch Joel rants about the misuse of marketing automation. This rant is pretty great, and one that we can all relate to, so go ahead and give it a read.
"Marketing Automation Must Die" — 3 minutes
- Ry Walker gives a full explanation of the machine and human hybrid SaaS model. The structure, benefits, and key decisions as well as his experience with the model at Astronomer. This is a very interesting and nerdy post 🤓 enjoy!
"Machines + Humans = Future of SaaS" — 6 minutes
- Lincoln Murphy explains that even though it takes a great salesperson to close a bad-fit customer, but it actually hurts the company in the long run. If you think about it, sales is the front line when it comes to customer success.
"The Acute Pain of Closing Bad-fit Customers" — 6 minutes
- Tom Pisello expands on some finding from Demand Gen's 2016 Buyer's Survey about what customers want and expect from vendors.
"What a Buyer Wants" — 3 minutes
- Rob Zaleski relates B2B marketing to famous landmarks around the world. If you're going to build something to last, build from the ground up with a solid foundation.
"Build Your Marketing Empire From the Ground Up" — 1 minute + 24 slides
Meme of the week
Sometimes finding that perfect present is tough. Whether it's for family, a friend, or that special someone you're trying to impress... sometimes there is nothing to buy so you resort to the boring old basics. Forget about flowers, chocolates, and don't even think about buying a gift card.
We here at FunnelCake have goat your back with the present that will have the receiver saying totes ma' goats #YouGoatMail 🐐
For those who are unaware, Christmas is only 111 days away, get your goat orders in now 🐐