What We Wrote
This week we talked with Jon Miller, the co-founder and CEO of Engagio, about account based marketing. We chat about the surge in popularity of account based marketing, the importance of having more than just marketing on board with your strategy, and common mistakes companies make. It's a must read.
"Jon Miller on Account Based Marketing" — 12 minute read
What We're Reading
- David Skok delivers a number of sales development metrics and benchmarks you probably (definitely) should look at.
"Sales Development Metrics and Compensation Benchmark Report" — 14 minutes
- Rachel Foster asks "What questions would you ask your customers if you were to meet face-to-face?" Unfortunately, the answer usually is something like "What makes you open an email?" Wrong. Stop being self-serving and really think about your customers 🤔
"The Most Important Question You’re Not Asking" — 2 minutes
- Enchanting Marketing's blog provides four principles to practice that will actually improve your writing skills.
"4 Proven Principles to Practice Your Writing" — 6 minutes
- The eMarketer blog writes about the fact that attribution is finally starting to get the kind of attention it should with marketers.
"Attribution Is Becoming More of a Priority for Marketers" — 3 minutes
- Sonja Jacob shares a brilliant list that Drift put together showcasing B2B sales and marketing efforts that actually produce results 📈
"Sales and Marketing Trends from the Top 50 B2B Companies" — 12 minutes
- Lincoln Murphy shares an interesting customer success lesson to be learned from Pokemon Go. If you're a fan of Pokemon Go, you'll appreciate this article.
"Bad Fit Customers are like Pokemon Go Magikarp" — 4 minutes
- Jenna Hanington gives advice on a three-stage lead nurturing approach.
"The 3-Stage Approach to Shifting Lead Nurturing Into Overdrive" — 4 minutes
- Scott Britton, co-founder of Troops, gives some useful advice about having hard conversations with prospects. You know the ones... bringing up competitors you're already working with or letting someone know they are being too cheap 💸
"How to Have Hard Conversations With Prospects" — 3 minutes
- Jacco van der Kooij uses some interesting (but awesome) language to get us thinking in terms of experiences rather than stages.
"Authentic GTM — Time to deliver on your promise" — 6 minutes
- The PTP blog interviewed Tiffani Bova on the customer-driven service experience. Includes where it's headed and how to implement improvements company wide.
"How to Implement a Customer-Driven Service Experience" — 7 minutes
Meme of the Week
Trump sandwich anyone?
Lawrence Lavender, the owner of a sandwich shop in Windsor, earns the meme of the week with the most brilliant marketing of a bologna sandwich we have ever seen. Read the story here.
👏 Bravo Lawrence, Bravo 👏
Marketing Coordinator at FunnelCake